Enter what you want to search for, to search for an "exact phrase" by enclosing it in quotes. You may search for a combination of words and phrases
Links|Document & Film Archive|Online Mapping|Contact Us|Login/Signup
Central Coast
Regional District

Central Coast Regional District

REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA - May 14, 2015 at 9.00a.m.

PART I - INTRODUCTION

1. Call to Order
a. Swearing in of Alternates

2. Adoption of Agenda
a. (Introduction of late items)

3.   Disclosures of Financial Interest
The Chair to remind Board Members of the requirements of Sections 100(2)(b) and 101(1)(2) and (3) of the Community Charter to disclose any interest during the meeting when the matter is discussed.

A declaration under these section(s) requires that the nature of the interest must be disclosed. Consequently a member who has made a declaration must not preside, participate in, or be present during any discussion or decision making procedure relating to the matter the subject of the declaration.

The following pro forma declaration is provided to assist in making the disclosure:

“I, Board Member ***** disclose that in accordance with Sections 100(2)(b) and 101(1)(2) and (3) of the Community Charter, I have a ******* (indirect/direct)  **** (pecuniary/other) interest that constitutes a conflict of interest in item *** (*).

The reason for my declaration is: the item being discussed is ********.

I will leave the room during the discussion of this item, in accordance with Section 101(1) and (2) of the Community Charter. “

4. Disclosures of Interests Affecting Impartiality
The Chair to remind Board Members that in the interest of good governance, where there is a perceived interest that may affect their impartiality in consideration of a matter, a declaration should be made.  This declaration does not restrict any right to participate in or be present during the decision-making procedure.  

The following pro forma declaration is provided to assist in making the disclosure.

“With regard to ...... the matter in item x..... I disclose that I have an association with the applicant (or person seeking a decision). As a consequence, there may be a perception that my impartiality on the matter may be affected. I declare that I will consider this matter on its merits and vote accordingly.”

(A) IN CAMERA MATTERS
(a) In Camera Meeting - request the Board move the In-Camera meeting to the last item on the agenda, prior to adjournment.
(b) Matters Brought out of Camera

(B) ADOPTION OF MINUTES
(a) Regular Board Meeting - April 9, 2015
PART II- PUBLIC CONSULTATION

1. Delegations - None
2. Public Questions and Comment Period

PART III - LOCAL GOVERNANCE

(C) OPERATIONS UPDATES & POLICY MATTERS ARISING

Administrative Services
(a) Chief Administrative Officer Report - dated May 7, 2015 (includes attachments)

Development Services
(b) Economic Development
    (i)  Economic Development Advisory Committee - Minutes for approval  April 23, 2015
    (ii) Economic Development Advisory Committee - amended Terms of Reference for approval
(c)  Land Use Planning
    (i)  Transportation and Land Use Coordinator's Report - dated May 7, 2015

Public Works
(d) Public Works Managers Report - dated May 7, 2015

Leisure Services Commissions
(e) Denny Island Recreation Commission
    (i)  Meeting minutes - dated January 23, 2015
    (ii) Meeting minutes - dated March 1, 2015
(f) Centennial Pool Commission
    (i)  Pool Commission minutes - dated April 22, 2015

Protective Services
(g) Emergency Management - no report, information only
-  2 staff attended teleconference call for pre-fire season and freshet discussions;
-  2 staff will complete Justice Institute “Introduction to Business Continuity Management” between
   May 11, 2015 and June 8, 2015 (via on-line classes)

Transportation Services
(h) Bella Coola and Denny Island Airports,
    (i)  Transportation & Land Use Coordinator's Report - dated May 7, 2015
(i) Denny Island Airport Commission
    (i)  Meeting minutes - dated April 23, 2015

(D) EXECUTIVE REPORTS
(a) Chairīs Report
(b) Electoral Area Reports
    i) Area A
    ii) Area B
    iii) Area C - see attached written report
    iv) Area D
    v) Area E

(E) BYLAWS AND POLICIES
(a) Bylaw 448 - Centennial Pool Rates and Charges Bylaw No. 448, 2015 - for reconsideration and      final adoption.
(b) Bylaw 449 - Central Coast Regional District Board Meeting Procedures Bylaw 449, 2015 - for first, second and third reading.
(c) A-12(b) - Centennial Pool - Pay Scale - reviewed with proposed amendments
(d) A-29 - Personnel Policy - reviewed with proposed amendments
(e) F-13 Capitalization Policy - reviewed with proposed amendment

PART IV- GENERAL BUSINESS

(F) GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE
(a) GeoScience BC - Letter of congratulations and information about Geoscience BC, dated 20 April 2015

(G) ADJOURNMENT  

Privacy | Contact Us | Photo Credits | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2000-2017 Central Coast Regional District
Graphic Design by Terra Firma Digital Arts
web design and maintenance: PawPrint.net
bella coolabella coola